Unity Template - Test track
This template made in collaboration with Unity, features an artistic and technical interpretation of one of our test tracks in Hällered test ground facility, Sweden. Built using 29 packages, this track is rendered using the High Definition Render Pipeline (HDRP) built by Unity to target modern (Compute Shader Compatible) platforms. The track is designed using advanced materials types and physcially accurate lighting.
The Test track template can be downloaded and used with Unity.
- A sample car with its controller (Volvo XC40 Recharge).
- Props and decals to populate the roads.
- A sample of trees built especially for this template with Unity's speedtree solution.
- A physically correct sky with animated clouds.
The template is highly optimised with performance and size in mind.
- Supports Windows and MacOs.
- High Definition Render Pipeline
- Template size: 476.46 MB.
- This template scene is equipped with riggings and a controller script to serve as an example of how a vehicle can be set up for simulating driving on virtual roads.
- Learn how the car controllers and physics are configured.
- Learn how we optimise the project in order to achieve performance.
- Have the desktop version of Unity Hub 2021 installed (or higher). Download it here.
- Have Unity 2021.x.x LTS version installed (or higher). Download it here.
- Have a valid Unity license.
Get your template
- Create a new project in Unity.
- Select Test track as the template to build your project.
- You are now ready to build your new 3D application with the Volvo car and the track!