Privacy Notice - Subscription to Volvo Cars Innovation Portal Newsletter
This document describes how Volvo Cars (as defined below) processes your personal data when you ask to subscribe to the newletter including updates on new releases and features from the Volvo Cars Developer Portal (hereinafter “Developer Portal”).
You can find below:
Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data
What personal data we process and why
How long we keep your data
Who we share your personal data with
Your rights in relation to the data processing we perform
How to contact us
Changes to our Privacy Notice
1. Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data The entity responsible for the processing of personal data in relation to the Developer Portal newsletter is Volvo Car Corporation, having its registered office at Assar Gabrielssons Väg, SE-405 31, Gothenburg, Sweden, company registration number 556074-3089, hereinafter referred to as “Volvo Cars”, “we”, or “us”.
2. What personal data we collect and why
Your subscription to the Volvo Cars Developer Portal newsletter involves the processing of the following categories of personal data:
To be able to periodic send you updates on new releases or features we process the e-mail address you have shared with us. The legal basis for this processing is your consent to receive the Developer Portal newsletter from us. You can at any time withdraw your consent either by using the web form indicated under “Your rights” below or by clicking directly on the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
3. How long we keep your data
When you subscribe to the Developer Portal newsletter, we will process your subscription data for as long as you remain subscribed to the newsletter. If you unsubscribe, we will restrict the processing of your data to operating a suppression list in order to make sure we don’t inadvertedly send you our newsletters. The data will be erased after twelve (12) months.
We keep the data collected to document your consent for twelve (12) months after you have ceased to be a subscriber.
4. Who we share your personal data with We will share your personal data with the following categories of third parties, on a need-to-know basis:
Our processors supporting our activity in general;
Our processors support in delivering the Developer Portal Newsletter, which are limited by contract in their ability to use your personal data for any purpose other than to provide services for us in compliance with each data processing agreement in place:
Volvo Car Corporation (and their subcontractors) for website operation and data storage;
IT Providers (and their subcontractors) who provide general business support systems to us, such as software and data storage providers such as: SendGrid (United States of America, under the Standard Contractual Clauses) – distribution of emails
5. Your rights in relation to the data processing we perform
You have specific legal rights granted by the General Data Protection Regulation relating to the personal data we process about you. You can withdraw your consent or object to our processing of your data, access the data we hold about you, ask for rectification or restriction of your data, request to have your data ported to another entity, request that we delete your data, and finally you can file a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority.
6. How to contact us
Volvo Car Corporation Post address: Assar Gabrielssons Väg, SE-405 31 Gothenburg, Sweden E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Changes to our Privacy Notice We reserve the right, at our discretion, to modify our privacy practices and update and make changes to this privacy notice at any time. For this reason, we encourage you to refer to this privacy notice on an ongoing basis. This privacy notice is current as of the date which appears at the top of the document. We will treat your personal data in a manner consistent with the privacy notice under which they were collected, unless we have your consent to treat them differently.
Last updated: 10th December 2020